Monday, November 22, 2010

The Mug

It's him
At the moment the only 3D modeling tool I have is blender and I had a hard time getting used to the UI and where all the hot keys were. Figured following a tutorial would be the best start. The only gripe I have with it is that the mug doesn't seem to be thick enough. It looks like it will shatter if the wind were to look at it wrong. I think it's a bit to tall too. Then theirs the top of it, I don't think mugs have a ridge like that. I made it protrude way too much. Whatever man. Next time.

Tutorial link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq6UAeoej5E&feature=related (Blender 2.5 Alpha)

Anyways, as far as I can tell (I'm sorta new at this) the poly count is 302, at least if "Fa" while in edit mode and having the model of the mug selected makes "Fa" (Faces yes?) 302. Other things of interest; 6 light sources (lamps), Sub surf 1view/subdivision smoothed, and Material set to 511 hardness.

Taking advantage of this first post I want to just mention that this blogger site is going to be used by me to post all of my art related hobbies. They currently include 3D modeling, Photoshop, and hopefully Traditional Art. Fuck yea.

No comments:

Post a Comment