Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Simple

http://www.blendtuts.com/2010/10/modelling-objects.html
This video right here. Good stuff. I saw this video a couple of times (over and over) and every time I opened up Blender and decided to model something. Low poly/Simple stuff of course since I'm still new. To the point:

wat
So I look around my room for inspiration, something I lack. The first thing I noticed that seemed pretty easy to model was my computer's speakers. It's pretty blocky so this should be too hard right? Lame. I still don't know enough of the basics to do something like this yet. I should have chosen a different color but I decided I should try and imitate the same material as the reference. It's incomplete but I gave up because their is no way I'd be able to do it justice at my skill level. I figured I should just move on.

Flesh Light ;o
Next up. Flash light. I lacked the knowledge on how to make a 'glass' like material although I do now so I might get back to this one (or a flashlight model in general). The squared side is from trying to CTRL+R the shapes into shape ( :| ). I think I should have just made the switch smaller and as a different object instead of extruding. Argh. I don't plan ahead. I need to work on that.

B)
I'm happy about this one. I look around my room again and I noticed this container I had laying around filled with lug nuts. It's a plastic Ziploc tubawear (spelling?) type of thing. I feel as though I really got the proportions down practicably perfect for this one. I also messed around in the materials tab and figured out more about using materials. I made it clear like it actually is but the only thing that would have made this PERFECT is if I knew how to make the material also have a Gaussian Blur instead of it being just clear like a window. Threw the blender monkey head model in there to show the material better.

I think I need to learn a couple more hot keys and one or two more techniques and I'll have the basics down, I think. Looking to get into Materials, Textures, and UV mapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment