Monday, November 22, 2010

UV Mapping Rage

Fig. 1
So to follow up with the mug I thought "Hey! I should probably make that sweet mug better by adding a custom design of sorts on it."

Cool.

So I head over to Photoshop but being the lazy person I am, my instincts push me towards my image render/pre cut folder. I didn't really feel like doing too much work. Ever since I lost all of my resources last year from a BSoD/reformat I only have a couple of renders from when I would make signature on forums for fun. So I pick out a render of a Battle Cruiser from Starcraft 2 and another render of a galaxy (Or nebulae?). Use the galaxy render so that the back ground wouldn't seem so vacant. Place the Battle Cruiser over that and then I pulled out my handy soft brush and brushed in black in white. Another of my no skill cheese tools came into play. Smudge tool. Then through in some highlights by brushing some more with the soft brush in Blue, Red, and White. Set the layer to Screen and bam. instant eye candy (sort of). Then I just through some Adjustment layers > Gradient layer a couple of times, High pass on low opacity, and finally my last resort cheese tool. Sharpen.

Sigh. I'm so lazy. I always find myself doing the same techniques over and over again. I feel like a fraud.

But yea. Their you have it*

Now then I hop back on over to Blender and skim through this YouTube video by some hispanic guy:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI859_0-rrU&feature=related

Like I said. I skimmed through it, probably because of the lack of sound. Long story short I have no clue how to apply that image onto the side of my mug. Yes I mad. I can the image over the mug where I want it in the render but the image is copied onto every other face of the model.

Can't do nothing right :C


*Fig 1

No comments:

Post a Comment